Thank you very much to M at Beauty of my chaotic mind for the nomination. If you’ve not read her blog I’d highly recommend it.
So here goes:
The rules of the Sunshine Blogger Award are:
• Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blogging sites.
• Answer their questions.
• Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
• Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
• List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo on your site or your own post.
Now we’ve covered the rules let’s get on with the questions.
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
My background is quite creative, I studied drama as my degree, but I now work in admin. I’ve started the blog as a creative outlet as I spend a lot of my time looking at spreadsheets. I wanted somewhere were I could share my thoughts, be they random posts about running etiquette (please don’t blow snot rockets they’re gross) or parenting experiences.
2. Share one thing about yourself that not many people know
I used to be a radio presenter many moons ago but jacked it in as I didn’t have a thick enough skin. I’ve not ventured into blogging yet as I find the thought of talking to myself in a camera all a bit weird. I’m very interested in those who have taken that step though.
3. What is your vision for your blog?
I’d like to think that when people read my blog they can identify with some of what I’ve written, and hopefully it’ll brighten people’s day.
4. If your story was written in a book what would the name and theme be?
I think my book would be called something along the lines of The trials and tribulations and adventures of raising totally bonkers boys. Is that a bit long? I’m sure you get the gist of the theme though
5. Board games or video games?
Board games, although I’m not allowed to play Monopoly anymore with my husband as apparently I’m too competitive!
6. What inspires you?
My boys and people who challenge themselves by stepping out their comfort zones.
7. Would you rather sunbathe on a beach or climb Mount Everest?
Sunbathe on a beach every time.
8. If you could go back in time what would your advice be to your younger self?
Do what makes you happy and stop worrying so much about what other people think. To be honest it’s still advice I should take up today. Also stop worrying what you look like, if someone like a you it’s for being you not because of the way you look.
9. What is the last book you read?
Never Greener by Ruth Jones. I really enjoyed it.
10. If money was no object what places/ countries would you visit?
Ooh, I’d love to go to Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand.
11. Camping in nature or 5 star hotel?
5 star hotel.
My nominees are:
Laura Jones https://laurajonesfitness.com/
Lexi King https://lexieking.com/
Claire Kirby https://lifeloveanddirtydishes.com
Ellie Wright https://ellieslittleworldxox.wordpress.com
My questions are:
- What inspired you to start your blog?
- How did you choose the title of your blog?
- What advice would you give to someone who is thinking of starting a blog?
- What has been the best part of blogging for you?
- What do you find the most challenging thing about blogging?
- If you could only take chocolate or wine to a desert island what would it be and why?
- What’s your favourite book?
- Name one unpopular opinion you have
- What’s the best surprise you’ve ever had?
- What makes you laugh out loud?
- What’s your favourite TV show?